Before getting started, please ensure that you have access to both a computer and your mobile device to complete the steps below. If you just need to update your default MFA method you previously configured, view our Change Your Multi-Factor Authentication Verification Method and Settings article to learn more.
- On your computer, navigate to https://aka.ms/mfasetup
- Enter your @adler.edu email address and click Next, which will redirect you to Adler University's login page.
- Once logged in, you will be told that “more information is required.” Click Next to continue the MFA registration.
- You will be redirected to the My Sign-Ins security verification page.
- On the Additional security verification page, select Mobile app.
- Select Receive notifications for verification, and then select Set up. Do not click “Next” until you complete the mobile app set up below.
- The Configure mobile app page appears.
Configure the Authenticator mobile app on your mobile device
- On your mobile phone, download the Microsoft Authenticator app from either the App Store for iPhones or the Google Play Store for Androids.
- Click the ‘+’ in upper right corner of mobile app to add a new account.
- Choose the option for ‘Work or School account’.
- Next, the Microsoft Authenticator app will activate your device’s camera (you may need to click allow to do so).
- Use your mobile device's camera to scan the QR code displayed on the Configure mobile app screen on your computer, and then on your mobile device choose Next.
- Note: If you can't use your phone camera, you'll have to manually enter the 9-digit code and the URL.
- Return to your computer and the Additional security verification page, make sure you get the message that says your configuration was successful, and then select Next. The authenticator app will send a notification to your mobile device as a test.
- On your mobile device, select Approve.
- On your computer ,you'll get a message that the Mobile app has been configured for notifications and verification codes. Press the Next button.
- On your computer, add your mobile device phone number and correct country code and then select Next. Microsoft recommends adding your mobile device phone number to act as a backup if you're unable to access or use the mobile app for any reason.
- Proceed to save your updates.
You can also call the Adler University Information Technology Service Desk at 1-855-883-0033 for assistance with accessing your MFA-protected account without your registered mobile device.