Welcome to Adler University! We are glad you are part of the Adler community and look forward supporting you with all your technology needs. Much of your experience at Adler will take place using our technology systems. To ensure the best experience with these tools, please follow these quick-start recommendations.
Change your password
Your Adler account provides access to almost everything – Office 365, Adler email, Adler Connect portal, Self-Service, Canvas (Learning Management System), on-campus workstation login, etc.
- Your initial password was provided to you as part of our onboarding process and is case sensitive. Note: You must change your password every 90 days.
- Change your password anytime at mypassword.adler.edu
- Your account username is generally set as, i.e., email@example.com.
- When you change your password, it should be:
- At least eight characters long
- Have at least one character of at least three of the following character sets:
- A combination of upper and lower case letters
- Symbols – @#!$*%
- While you're at mypassword.adler.edu changing your password, you will set up security questions so that you can manage your password on your own time in the future (even when our office is closed).
Log in to Office 365
You will get access to email and other apps through your Adler Office 365 account. Your Adler email is your official means of communication while attending school here. Your professors, staff, organizations, and other students will use it to get in touch with you.
You can access it on the web, or easily add it to your smartphone or other mobile device by installing the Outlook app. As a student at Adler, you also have access to the full Microsoft Office 365 suite - including the Outlook desktop application. Learn more.
- Your email address is generally formatted as: firstname.lastname@example.org (i.e., email@example.com)
- To log in to your Adler email account on the web, go to https://www.office.com, enter your Adler email address and password to sign in, then click Outlook to access your Adler email.
- Please check your email account regularly!
- Watch for Phishing scams – we will never ask for your user credentials by email
Familiarize yourself with Adler Connect
Log into the Adler Connect, our web-based portal, for access to the bookstore, library, news, events and announcements.
Familiarize yourself with Canvas (Learning Management System)
Canvas is a learning management system that you will use to access course resources, discussions, post assignments, syllabi, etc. You can access it through the Adler Connect Quick Links menu or by going directly to the Adler Canvas login page. Login using your Adler email address and password.
Familiarize yourself with Zoom
Zoom video conferencing service is available for all core faculty, adjunct faculty, staff, and current Adler University students. Basic Zoom accounts allow users to host unlimited meetings of 40 minutes in duration with up to 50 participants. All employees and current students are eligible for a Zoom Pro account which will allow you to host a virtual meeting longer than 40 minutes via a PC, Mac, iOS, or Android device for up to 300 attendees.
The following steps will get you Zooming in no time.
- Install Zoom on your device for connecting to classes
- Launch the Zoom app on your device and click Sign In.
- Click Sign In with SSO
- Login using your Adler email address and password.
When hosting meetings
- Go to https://adler.zoom.us
- Click the Sign In button
- Login with your Adler email address and password
- You will be upgraded to Pro account automatically the first time you log in.
An account is not required to attend a meeting. External guests can be invited by email.
Familiarize yourself with Colleague Self-Service (Student Information System)
Log into the Colleague Self-Service, our web-based Student Information System (SIS). Self-Service accounts are issued to all students and are used to access your financial aid application status; class schedule; grades; and unofficial transcripts. In addition, Self-Service allows you to perform certain tasks such as registering for classes, requesting a transcript, and applying for graduation.
Test Computer Compatibility
When using your personal computer, we have minimum technology hardware/software requirements to ensure a successful experience. On your computer, please visit the System Check tool to view these requirements and verify your system compatibility. Common software issues and fixes will be flagged by this tool. You should also make sure your computer’s software, operating system, and anti-malware are updated with the latest relevant patches. Some quick pointers:
Mobile Systems support: Adler University systems are not yet supported for access on mobile platforms – however, some or even all system features may be functional on your specific device.
Install Web Browsers
Adler’s system tools are web-based – this allows you to log in from any Internet-connected computer that meets our specs. We recommend that you install multiple web browsers on your computer in addition to, say, Safari or Microsoft Edge. We recommend using Mozilla Firefox as well. If you encounter difficulties accessing one or our systems, try a different browser – that might resolve the issue.
Download Mozilla Firefox
Download Google Chrome
Having browser issues? Refresh the browser cache: https://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/
We offer Microsoft Office 365 which includes the full Microsoft Office suite for either Windows or Mac systems at no cost to Adler active faculty, staff, and students! You can download and install this software on up to five personal Windows/Mac computers.
On campus? Connect to the Wireless Network
|Students||Faculty and Staff|
|Connect to the Adler Student network
|Connect to the Adler Faculty network
Password: Enter your Adler username and password
Note for Android Users: EAP method is PEAP | Phase 2 authentication is MSCHAPV2
You can print on campus using one of our on-campus workstations in labs/libraries:
|Printer: AdlerSecurePrintQueue5||Printer: AdlerSecurePrintQueueVC|
You can then log into any student-accessible printer by swiping your Keycard ID or logging into the device with your Adler username/password to retrieve your print job. You can also scan unlimited content to your student email address. Refer to https://support.adler.edu for more info.
If you need to print something from your own device, you can send the document you need to print as an email attachment from your Adler email account to print. Mobile printing is available on or off campus – you can print from your personal device – just send the document as an attachment from your Adler email account to the following email addresses by campus:
Chicago main phone number: 312-662-4000 | Vancouver main phone number: 236-521-2500
Core faculty/staff are assigned a direct-dial phone number that rings through to your office phone. You can share that number with internal/external constituents as needed. On campus, you can be reached by dialing the last four digits of your phone number. The Adler Connect portal provides a directory listing Chicago/Vancouver/Online faculty/staff phone numbers. You can access voicemail, set your voicemail password and voicemail greeting on or off campus. Refer to the Adler Connect Portal for information on these procedures. Note that your voicemail messages will automatically forward to your Adler email as an audio attachment. Deleting the email message does not delete the voicemail in your phone – but – old phone voicemail will be automatically deleted if you exceed your mailbox usage allowance.
- To dial an outside line, please dial 8 + 1 + Area + Phone number
- You can direct-dial any Chicago/Vancouver extension from either campus – just dial the extension number
- Classroom phones cannot call external phone numbers
Core faculty and staff are assigned an Adler laptop at the time of hire. Adler currently deploys Windows-based systems with many capabilities, including:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Video/audio player
- Internet access using Microsoft Edge (preferred), Firefox, or Chrome browsers
- Specialty applications (SPSS, NViVo) are available on request
- PDF printer (print any document to a PDF format file)
Please contact the Service Desk should you need any peripherals, including:
- Additional monitor
- Laptop bag
- Monitor stand
Important: Please save all your work on the applicable network share drive or on OneDrive – we do not back up local computer hard drives! Classroom computers are regularly erased/reloaded to optimize performance.
You can use your personal Windows/Mac computer on or off-campus to access limited resources such as the wireless network, Internet, OneDrive, Skype for Business, etc. Use our systemcheck tool to validate system compatibility with our systems. Web-based systems such as Adler Connect, Self-Service, Canvas, Ultipro, etc., are accessible from your personal computer on or off campus.
Note to Adjuncts: You can log into any on-campus computer and access applications, printing, Internet, email, etc.
Need help? We’re here!
We are here to help you – please reach out to us:
- Visit https://support.adler.edu to find resources or submit a ticket
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 855-883-0033 toll free in the US and Canada | 312.662.4444
We offer 24-hour support, 7 days a week!