Your Adler account provides access to almost everything – Office 365, Adler email, Adler Connect portal, Self-Service, Canvas (Learning Management System), on-campus workstation login, etc. This process will allow you to reset your password or unlock your account using the methods you set in the guide Set Up Authentication with Microsoft Authenticator.
First, go to https://passwordreset.microsoftonline.com/
Enter your Adler Email address and the captcha characters then select Next.
You'll be given two options. I forgot my password will reset your password. I know my password but still can't sign in will unlock your account. Choose an option and click Next.
Depending on which options you have configured, select your appropriate authentication method. For the Microsoft Authenticator app. Open Authenticator and select your account. You'll see a verification code that refreshes every minute. Enter that code and select Next on your computer.
Once you've completed the verification step, you'll be prompted to set your new password. Enter your new password and confirm it by entering it a second time.
Select Finish when complete.
Guidelines for passwords:
- The new password and confirmation fields must match
- May not use a previously used password
- May not include your first or last name
- Must include at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, one number, and one special character
- Must be at least eight characters
- Your password must be updated every 90 days.
- If you use the Adler VPN, this change will not affect the password to access VPN.
- In some cases, users that are connected to eduroam with their mobile device will get their account locked by the mobile device trying multiple times to reconnect using the old password. Please make sure to update your password on your mobile device as well.
- If you change your password off-campus and use an Adler Laptop, the Laptop needs to be connected to the Adler network in order for the Windows login, desktop apps, and eduroam profile to be updated. Connect to the network on campus by signing in to the eduroam WiFi or by connecting to an ethernet cable. Please see the article Eduroam Not Working After Password Change.
- Personal devices connected to eduroam should automatically prompt for the new password. If you are not prompted for the new password and eduroam won't let you connect because your computer is still trying to connect with the old password, forget the eduroam network and re-connect to get it to prompt you for the new password.